We've recently learned that there may be some big changes coming to Ethiopian adoptions. These changes could greatly delay us being able to bring our little ones home:(. Let me give you a little context...Ministry of Women's Affairs (MoWA) in Ethiopia needs to send their approval letter to our court date in order for us to pass. MoWA is now saying they will only be doing 5 letters/day, down from 40-50 letters/day. You can see this would be a HUGE drop. MoWA is one player in Ethiopian adoptions and the other players are all advocating for this decision to be reversed.
We will still be able to meet our children in April for our court date, Praise God! But, the time until we can actually bring them home could dramatically increase if our approval letter is not there. Then we wouldn't pass court and we would be stuck until that letter gets there. No one knows yet for sure how this will affect cases. I know there are many families, like ours, desperate to get their little ones home. Our hearts are broken at the thought of our children having to spend anymore time in an orphanage. We're hopeful and prayerful. God's been faithful through every up and down and we're so grateful for how far He's brought us. We cannot wait to hold our little ones and are counting down the days!!! Also, there's a petition you can sign HERE Please sign it!
You can begin praying NOW that our approval letter would somehow be at our court date! Here's some prayer focuses, Tom Davis, author of Fields of the Fatherless posted.
1. For God's will to be done on earth as it is in heaven.God is in control. For those of you who are facing being stuck, remember that God is in control.
2. For God to breakdown strongholds of the enemy.Every child deserves the right to grow up in a health family, and adoptive families provide that for thousands of children each year. Pray that God would demolish the strongholds that are set up against adoption.
3. For God to fulfill His promises.God defines Himself as the Father to the Fatherless. He declares He will set the lonely in families. He warns those who would interfere with His plan to bring justice and mercy that is due to them. Find the orphan scriptures, pray them to God, and ask Him to fulfill those promises to the children of Ethiopia now.
4. For the courts and judges and government officials making this decision.
Ask the Holy Spirit to permeate the courtroom and convict the hearts of the judges and other government officials. Bring the power of the Holy Spirit into these discussions and proceedings--not that we would get our way--but that God's perfect will would be fulfilled in these decisions.
5. For the children and familiesThat God would shorten their wait times. Fortunately, God is bigger than these obstacles. Pray that waiting children would receive comfort. And pray that waiting families would experience peace, grace, and love from those around them.