Sunday, August 19, 2012

Referral: Our 3rd Born!

August 1st we got a surprise phone call that changed our lives forever, again:). Thinking I was simply getting a return call from our agency, I was absolutely floored when our coordinator said, "I have great news for you...your referral is ready!" WHAT?!?!? The rest of what she said pretty much sounded like gibberish as I tried to comprehend what was happening. I quickly tried to come back to earth and stopped her from sharing details about our referral as Nate and I wanted to hear the news together and he was at work. But, there was one word I had surely heard her say...HIM. Before we hung up, I managed to squeak out through tears, "did you say, him?"  Yep, it was a boy and she wanted to know if we wanted to review his file. (We were expecting a girl for various reasons). It took about .2 seconds for my mind to catch up with my heart before I adamantly let her know that we absolutely wanted this referral!

Nate rushed home from work and we excitedly opened an email filled with the story of our 3rd born, a son, from Ethiopia. We'll call him Baby A for now. Some of you may be wondering why we took so long to share our news. Well, we were hoping and praying to travel to Ethiopia before the court closure which happens annually from mid-August to early October. We knew it was a long shot, but our agency felt sure we would be able to travel early. Well, we weren't able to squeeze in:(. It's been a roller coaster the past few weeks being told we'd definitely travel in days and to be on red alert, to only find out a week later that travel would now be months instead of days away. We are hoping to travel sometime late October and ask you to pray with us that we may even hear our travel date this week. The courts are now closed in Ethiopia, but they will still be issuing court dates this week yet.

So, a little bit about Baby A; he's adorable, 4 months old, and oh so little and sweet. He reminds us of his sister and has beautiful Ethiopian eyes. We are absolutely awed by our God and Baby A's life. Malachi and Hadassah are thrilled with their new brother. We got 3 pictures of Baby A, and Malachi's convinced there's 3 babies; one for Mommy, Daddy, and him. Hadassah constantly runs to the computer asking to see her baby brother. We're hoping to maybe take Malachi along to Ethiopia with us which he's so excited about. It's been amazing to walk through this adoption so far and we are expectantly waiting on God as He continues to write this chapter about our sweet Baby A. As we can't show pictures until we pass court, I'll leave you with Baby A's precious hands and feet . We'll keep you all posted on our progress through the rest of the adoption process!



8 comments:

  1. WHAT?!?!?!?!?! This feels like it happened so soon. Congrats on Baby Boy A!!!!!! Cannot wait to get more of the story! We got our referral on August 16th so I know the agony of court closures. Praying they are short this year and you get the soonest date possible!! CELEBRATING....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seeing his precious hands and feet made my heart skip a beat. Beautiful!! Still praying that you can bring him home quickly!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so excited for you. That seemed quick! (I know probably not to you!!) Praying your wait is short and that you get a court date soon so that you can plan. How exciting that Malachi may get to go along! Keep us posted. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! That is fast and exciting and such a young baby.....that is awesome! Such an adventure you have ahead! Will be praying for you guys as the Lord brings you to mind!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praising Jesus with you guys! Can't wait for pictures of the newest Erb and praying for a smooth journey to bringing your tiny one home!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hadn't checked your blog in several days. Am THRILLED for you ALL! Can't wait to see Baby A's face pics! A new great-nephew! Hurrah! Congrats on this exciting step! Am praying for the months to fly by until you can be with your new son, in the flesh. :) Love you ALL!
    Aunt Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with April, it does feel so so so fast!!! I am so excited for you guys! I wonder if he will end up in the same place Malachi and Hadassah were in. Are you with CWA?
    Really so thrilled for your family!!!

    Love JO N.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just read about the agency in the previous post I thought I had read that before and I totally understand, I am dying to talk to you!!!! I have so many questions. I think I am really feeling it, b/c we went through it together with yours and with Tsega. We really need to get together and have our kids meet! --JO

    ReplyDelete